This High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole pairs perfectly with the citrus herb sauce! It makes for a no fuss weeknight dinner option and a tasty and impressive way to serve dinner to friends and family.
Pin the Lemon Pepper Sole with Citrus Herb Sauce for later!
Why you’ll love this Lemon Pepper Sole with Citrus Herb Sauce dish:
• Quick: With a little help from High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole! From pan to plate, this dish comes together in about 20 minutes! And yes, that’s including the prep for the citrus herb sauce and quick tomato salad. We love that the fish can be cooked in a skillet without oil and even the air fryer!
• Bold Flavours: The wild caught sole fillet is delicately breaded and seasoned with a perfectly balanced blend of lemon and pepper. Mixed with the bright flavour of the citrus herb sauce, it elevates the dish, making it feel restaurant quality.
• High in protein: With the sole yielding 14 grams of protein (per 138g serving) AND with a generous serving of high protein Greek yogurt, this dish will keep you full and it is nutritious.
What ingredients do you need for this Lemon Pepper Sole with Citrus Herb Sauce recipe?
While this dish is dressed to impress, you won’t need to grab too many ingredients at the store to whip it up! Here’s your shopping list:
• High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole fillets
• Greek Yogurt
• Cherry Tomatoes
• Red Onions
• Flat Leaf Parsley
• Chili Pepper Flakes
• Mexican Chili Powder
Tips for an effortless dinner:
- Pan or oven? The sole can be cooked in both the pan and air-fryer, but I love to make it in the oven. Simply set it in the oven for about 20 minutes, meanwhile you can prepare the tomato salad and citrus herb dressing. Once the timer on the oven goes off, you’ll be ready to plate the dish and serve immediately.
- Want to bulk up the dish? Serve with a side of rice, a quick orzo, or some baguette to dip in the Greek yogurt and citrus herb sauce.
- Any shortcuts to make the prep even quicker? To make prep a breeze, I like to add all the ingredients for the citrus herb sauce to a mini food processor, except for the olive oil. Once the ingredients are nicely chopped, then you can stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. While resulting in a little more dishes, you’ll only be left with the task of chopping red onions and cherry tomatoes, oh and plating of course.
Lemon Pepper Sole with Citrus Herb Sauce
2 High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole fillets
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 orange, zested and juiced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 small shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp Mexican chili powder
1 pinch red pepper flakes
½ cup olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, thinly sliced
Plain Greek Yogurt for serving
Cook the High Liner® Pan-Sear Selects® Lemon Pepper Sole according to directions on the packaging.
Meanwhile, mix the juice and zest of the lemon and orange, cilantro, flat leaf parsley, shallot, garlic, chili powder, red pepper flakes and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the tomatoes and red onions to a small bowl and spoon about 1 tablespoon of the citrus herb sauce and mix.
To serve, add Greek yogurt to a plate and place a sole fillet over top. Add tomato salad and drizzle with citrus herb sauce. Serve immediately.
Many thanks to High Liner® Canada for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.