Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Smoothie sweetened with pineapple and made creamy with Greek yogurt – Perfect for breakfast or snack time. Let’s get blending!
Pin the Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Smoothie for later.
Everything you’ll need to make this Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Smoothie:
- Carrot Juice: we’re using store-bought carrot juice in this recipe, but freshly juiced at home works well too!
- Frozen Fruit: to make this smoothie think and frosty, we used both frozen pineapple and frozen grapefruit.
- Ginger: freshly grated ginger to reduce inflammation and tummy soothing properties.
- Greek Yogurt: makes the smoothie creamy and adds some needed protein to keep you full!
Our Favorite Nutritional Boosters:
- Flaxseeds: this is one of my favorite ingredients to add to smoothies for a boost of fiber and minerals – Just about a tablespoon!
- Chia seeds: try adding in a tablespoon of chia seeds for a boost of healthy fats and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: feel free to throw in some hemp seeds for another boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
- Mild-Flavored Veggies: frozen cauliflower, cucumber and even zucchini for an added boost of antioxidants, B-vitamins, potassium, and fiber.
Simple Ingredients Swaps & Substitutions:
- For the Carrot Juice: if you have a high-powered blender, you can add whole carrots instead of the juice. This is the blender I use and it works great with whole fruits!
- For the Sweetness: pineapple is my go-to sweetener for smoothies but if you prefer a touch more sweetness, super ripe banana, mango, dates work well. For a liquid sweetener, you can’t go wrong with honey, pure maple syrup, agave nectar and stevia.
- For the Grapefruit: you can opt for tangerine, cara cara orange, blood orange, or navel oranges.
Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Smoothie
(banana-free) Grapefruit Carrot Ginger Smoothie sweetened with pineapple and made creamy with some greek yogurt.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/4 of a large grapefruit, peeled & preferably frozen
1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup carrot juice *see notes
Simply add all ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth.
If using high powered blender, you can swap the carrot juice for 2 chopped carrots instead. You’ll just have to strain out the pulp after.