Strawberry Watermelon Mint Popsicles with a swirl of greek yogurt and sweetened with honey— Refreshing, sweet and perfect for the Summer heat!
Montreal was hit with a massive heatwave and I found myself standing in the frozen dessert section at the grocery way too long. Truth be told, I’m a TOTAL fruit fiend, yet I was craving ALL the frozen treats. I wanted to satisfy my frosty craving but all the popsicles were LOADED with sugar and I just wasn’t down for that! With all the fresh local produce our province has to offer, I went straight to my local farmers market and bought a huge case of strawberries and many other delicious fruits but I still found myself with an intense craving for all things ice cold!
But then it dawned on me… Like, why aren’t I making my own popsicles?! DUH!
Ok, ok. Call me lazy, call me crazy, or you can just call me a very tired mama who can barely even make herself dinner most days of the week. Yeah, I see you summer break and you’re killing me here!… I rummaged through the cupboards and dusted off my dollar store popsicle molds, made me some treats, and now I’m a happy girl!
If you’re like me and you kind of forgot how easy it is (and inexpensive) to make your own popsicles, well I’m here to inspire your first recipe!
What I love about these popsicles is the fresh factor that the mint brings. If I could put mint in everything right now, I totally would. Summer is simply my favorite time to play with different kind of herbs and incorporating them with ingredients or recipes that you wouldn’t right automatically think of putting together. Now, I’m not saying that mint with fruits is ground-breaking (Miranda Priestly anyone?) but I am saying that we sometimes get in a rut of the way we make certain dishes and maybe this flavor combo will inspire you to create something new!
Strawberry Watermelon Mint Popsicles
- Prep Time: 3
- Total Time: 240
- Yield: 12 1x
- 4 cups Watermelon (half of one watermelon)
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 3–4 tbsp Honey (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Mint leaves
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt ( I used vanilla flavored)
- In a food processor or blender, combine watermelon, strawberries, honey, vanilla extract and mint leaves. Blend well.
- (optional) You may strain the mixture in a strainer or cheese cloth if you’d prefer to get rid of any extra seeds.
- Pour mixture in Popsicle molds about 3/4 of the way full and spoon Greek yogurt the rest of the way. Use a chopstick, knife, or anything you have on hand to create a sort of marbling effect with the Greek yogurt. Not necessary, but pretty!
- Freeze for a least 4 hours and serve.
Short, sweet and simple—This post and recipe! That’s just the way I like things right now! Now, I want to know, what’s your favorite summer treat?
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #MISyummyeats on Instagram.