When hosting any party, it’s great to have an easy and delicious appetizer up your sleeve. One of my favorite go-to appetizers to serve is a chic crostini! They come together in no time and the flavor is out of this world. Yes, really! Today, I’m sharing my recipe for whipped herb goat cheese and cranberry jalapeno crostini.
Okay, but there’s more…I’ve teamed up with 9 bloggers to bring you 10 holiday appetizer recipes. SAY WHAAAAT! So make sure to check out all the recipes at the bottom of the post and get your holiday party on!
Now let’s talk about this flavor combo here. Is it just me, or is there something about jalapeno and cranberry that makes it the most fabulous pairing like PB&J? Tart and slightly spicy but then add an herb goat cheese…oh I promise you your guest will be ooh-ing and aah-ing.
Making recipes that won’t make you break a sweat in the kitchen— also known as my life motto right there. Taste and looks aside, these crostinis are very scale-able. It’s just as easy to make 50 or even 100 of these as it is to make 20. It easily accommodates any number of mouths to feed, so it’s always a good app idea.
Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberry Jalapeno Crostini
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup, to taste
- 8 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice bread diagonally into 1/4” thick slices
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil and place on baking sheet. (optional) Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 5-7 minutes. Carefully remove pan, flip crostini over; bake 5-7 more minutes or until desired browning occurs, and put aside.
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, and honey in sauce pan. Simmer over medium heat, until berries pop and sauce thickens, about 10 – 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix goat cheese, greek yogurt, herbs, and jalapeno. Process until all the ingredients combine into a smooth, spreadable mixture -about 1 minute.
- Assemble crostinis and serve!
Store baked crostini in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Here are 10 appetizer recipes to whip up this holiday season.
Goat Cheese Log by Barbara of Hodge:Podge
Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Cheese Fondue Appetizer by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life
Festive Crostini with Cranberry Compote & Brie by Shauna of Satori Design for Living
Stuffed Mushrooms by Dannyelle of Life is a Party
Olive and Cream Cheese Dip by Beth Ann of The Hunted and Gathered
Loaded BLT Dip by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Cranberry Baked Brie by Jenn of Clean & Scentsible
Ritz Pizza Crackers by Shannon of AKA Design
Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberry Jalapeno Crostini by Kristeena of Motherhood in Stilettos