Ingredients for Dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained of pulp and seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 cups chick peas (1 can)
- 1 cup feta cheese diced
- 1 small red onion diced
Directions for Dressing
- Measure and add all of your ingredients into a glass jar or re-sealable container.
- Now shake it up!
- Store the dressing in the fridge. Pull out 10-15 minutes prior, to warm up the solidified oil.
Directions for Quinoa Salad
- Bring 2 cups of water or vegetable broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and add quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Stir veggies and feta cheese into cooled quinoa
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss
- If you don’t have Mediterranean sea salt then just add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- I add more lemon juice but if it is too strong, use 1/4 cup (1 lemon) instead.
- Make changes to suits your tastes.
- You can make the dressing and prep veggies the night before.