there it is!
These Cherry S’more Ice Cream Sundaes are made up of homemade no-churn cherry chocolate chip ice cream, layered with cherry pie filling, toasty marshmallow and graham crackers— Combining that campfire goodness with our fave summer treat!
After years of seeing friends make no-churn ice cream, I finally decided to give it a try and I have a confession to make.
I have become somewhat of a no-churn ice cream addict.
The ease of making it with so few ingredients makes this frozen treat my new fave to make. The endless flavour combinations and having a little helper in the kitchen. The joy and excitement he gets from using the KitchenAid stand mixer are priceless.
Now, this brings us to the cherry s’more ice cream sundae.
I created this recipe in collaboration with my fave pie filling peeps E.D. Smith (a true pantry staple) over on Instagram. Made the cutest video over there too. 😉 What’s great about this recipe is that you can switch out the pie filling for fresh cherries or even jam. The choice is yours!
Here’s the rundown. First, we’re making the no-churn cherry chocolate chip ice cream, then layering it in a cup with cherry pie filling. Top it off with a toasty marshmallow and graham crackers to make it campfire perfection!
I feel like high fives and raising the roof is totes deserved for this yumminess, right?!Print
Homemade no churn cherry chocolate chip ice cream, layered with cherry pie filling, toasty marshmallow and graham crackers.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk (half a can)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 large marshmallows
- 6 graham crackers
- Line a loaf pan or container with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy whipping cream until medium peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan or container. Spoon the cherry pie filling and chocolate chips and swirl with a knife.
- Freeze for 12 hours or overnight before serving.
- FOR THE SUNDAE
- In a cup, layer ice cream and cherry pie filling. Top with a toasty marshmallow and graham cracker.
- If you aren’t by a campfire, you can toast a marshmallow using your broiler in the oven OR a culinary torch.
- I only used half a can of sweetened condensed milk because I don’t like it to be too sweet, but feel free to add the whole can if you prefer extra sweet ice cream.
Keywords: no-churn ice cream, cherry ice cream
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #KMyummyeats on Instagram.