Fresh, zesty, grilled and packs some heat— we’re firing up the grill and cooking up a Steak Salad loaded with fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and lettuce, drizzled with Chipotle Lime Dressing.
Sunshine on my mind…and yummy grilled foods too!
BBQ season is here and life couldn’t get any better!…okay, well maybe it could with a trip to Tokyo, Greece, or Italy (Positano is calling my name) but I digress. We’re enjoying our Summer, soaking up the sun as much as possible, and serving some amazing grilled dishes!
I teamed up with Walmart Canada to create a small series of recipes featuring their 100% Canadian AAA Angus beef as well as fresh fruits and veggies, all to be posted over on my Instagram page, but I knew there was no way I could get away with not posting it on the blog. ? Now, you know I’m all about those easy meals that won’t make you break a sweat, right!? Well, today I can’t promise you this one unless you’ll be grilling on a cool day. ? Joking aside, this is definitely the recipe that will be worth grilling in the heat!
A grilled to perfection steak, fresh corn, tomatoes, cucumber, red onions and lettuce, drizzled with a heavy hand of chipotle lime dressing—You guys, this salad is da bomb.com! It only takes 15 minutes to make and it’s filled with amazing tex-mex flavor. The only thing that could make this salad any better, is a Margarita in hand!
We really need to take a minute and talk about the chipotle lime dressing. The one word that comes to mind when trying to describe it is, “addictive”. I love chipotle! Personally, I don’t find it relatively spicy per say, but it does pack some heat and a delicious bold, smoky, earthy flavor. You can easily find them at your local grocery store (and even Walmart). I get my chipotle peppers in cans with adobo sauce.
For this recipe, you don’t need any fancy schmancy tools! If you don’t have a grill, go ahead and cook the steak in a pan, and even better if you own a cast iron skillet! You can find them at Walmart for anywhere between $30-$40. And for making the dressing, I use a food processor, but you can also use a blender or an immersion blender.
Now, let’s move onto the recipe, shall we?
- 1 6 oz steak
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch romaine, chopped
- 1/2 onion , sliced thinly
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1-2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 15 stems cilantro, stem removed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heat up grill to medium-high heat. Season steak with chipotle chili pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill till desired temperature and set aside. Grill corn as well, until soft.
- In a food processor or blender, blend chipotle chilies, adobo sauce, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, ground cumin, cilantro and olive oil until smooth.
- Cut steak into thin slices. In a large bowl, place lettuce, corn (removed from cob), cucumber, red onions, tomatoes, and steak. Drizzle dressing over top and serve.
Steak cooks more evenly when removed from fridge around 30 minutes prior to cooking on the grill.
For an even quicker dinner, you can prep the salad the night before and make the dressing and store in the fridge. All you'll have left to do the next day, is grill the steak.
Dressing can store in the fridge up to a week.
Back at it again with another short, sweet and simple recipe and post! Now I’m curious, who does all the grilling at home? I recently learned how to use the BBQ and I’m basically a pro now (totally not, but getting there).
Tell me, what’s your favorite grilled meal?
P.s. Don’t forget to serve up these delish Strawberry Watermelon Mint Popsicles for dessert! 😉
If you make this, let us see! Tag your photo with #MISyummyeats on Instagram.