Vegetarian dish that won’t make you break a sweat…
My cooking motto! ? I’ve said this time and time again, but meals that taste amazing get extra bonus points when they require little to no effort! Not to mention, beautiful visual presentation with simple ingredients elevating your dish to a whole other level. Now we’re talking! These cauliflower steaks with a quick lemon tahini dressing are made in 20 minutes, leaving you more time to enjoy your dinner party and chat it up with your guests. There’s nothing worse than slaving over a hot stove cooking and you’re not actually able to enjoy the company.
Now although the menu for the dinner party is vegetarian, I promise I didn’t forget about my meat-eating friends! You can definitely make this as a side-dish and maybe serve a delicious marinated flank steak, lemon roasted chicken or some salmon. They would all pair nicely with the cauliflower steaks.
- 1 medium-sized head cauliflower
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped (or use seeds or nuts of choice)
- Lemon Tahini Dressing here for quick recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the Lemon Tahini Dressing and set aside in the fridge.
- Slice your cauliflower lengthwise through the core. If it is medium-sized you should get 4 to 5 'steaks.' If you're using 2 small heads, you will most likely get 2-3 slices per head.
- Place cauliflower and tomatoes on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Roast at 450 for 9 minutes. Broil an addition 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges the cauliflower steaks have browned and the tomatoes have blistered.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the remaining tablespoon olive oil with the parsley and pumpkin seeds, and season with salt and pepper. When the cauliflower is done baking, spoon on a hearty amount of lemon tahini dressing and top with the herb mixture., and serve.
Tell me, what’s your favorite quick dish you whip up when you host?