I can’t believe this will be my last post of 2015! I am making it a tradition to pause and take a look back at all my posts and life’s moments from the year, before heading lightning speed into the new year. This is also for those of you who are new to my blog and/or to those who just want to play catchup incase you missed a few posts. It felt kind of surreal to take a look back on all the highs and lows of 2015. Starting up a blog has really been a fun and great way to interact with so many new people. It’s also been a way for family to get to know me on a whole other level, whether it be positive or not. But above all, this blog is for me. Through this platform, I’ve seen growth and found strength that I never believed to have had. I’m still in learning a lot about myself and this blogging journey, but I still want to thank everyone who’s hopped aboard and lovingly followed.
I separated them into 3 categories, Food, Beauty/Style and Life. These posts have the most continuous views on my blog. These are my top 10 posts from 2015.
10. Popeye Green Juice: One of my first recipes on the blog! I was smitten by a juice I had at a vegan restaurant and I pretty much made one every single day for 2 weeks straight. Incredibly healthy, refreshing and delicious!
9. Blueberry & Strawberry Chia Seed Jam: I never thought I would be someone who makes jam. Well this recipe is so incredibly easy, it will turn just about anyone into a jam maker. Seriously, try it!
8. Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites: Cheesecake is definitely one of my favorite desserts. Combine that with peanut butter, chocolate, honey roasted peanuts AND no baking! Girl, you’re in for a treat…or guy.
Beauty & Style
7. March Favorites 2015: Spring was in the air, which meant a slew of beauty products made their way into my life and were doing all the right things.
6. Current Favorite Hair Products: My second blog post! Insert emoji monkey face covering his eyes. I look back at the photos and I can’t help but cringe. The quality, the lighting, the background…ugh! It seems as though I’m the only one bothered by it because at least once a week someone is making their way there. Okay, okay, I’ll stop beating myself up. Aside from the shampoo and conditioner, most of those products I still use and stand by them.
5. Mini Holiday Lookbook: Sparkles, sequins and glitter. I put together two looks I would wear for holiday parties. If only you all knew the struggles that went into shooting this. Aside from me being incredibly self-conscious, the lighting/weather was completely against me and I do not know how many times we changed the backdrop. Despite all that, you guys seemed to love it!
4. Jude’s Birth Story Part 1 and Part 2: So I cheated a little. I had to post Jude’s birth story in two parts because it was way too long, even with cutting out loads of the events that occurred that day. Although my birthing experience was a little surreal to me, I still came out with one of the raddest little dudes and I am beyond thankful. Honestly, he’s cooler than I’ll ever be.
3. Anxiety is a B****: But really…Anxiety is a B! I deal with it every day and sometimes I allow it to take over. Being open and spreading awareness about mental health not only helps others, but you as well.
2. On June 5th…: Definitely one of the biggest struggles I have ever been through, and I’m still struggling with it today. As we approach new year’s day (that was the due date), it still weighs heavy on my chest. Miscarriage is difficult and I wish people would be more open about it. It isn’t a taboo subject to talk about! If more women/families would open up on the matter, our healing process would be much easier and felt with less shame. Miscarriages happen more often that you would think. Show love and compassion for someone dealing with loss, and don’t ever make someone feel less of a person because they are having fertility problems.
1. Breaking the Cycle: This post absolutely has the most views and the positive and loving response was overwhelmingly astonishing. It was my first personal post and I was really nervous about sharing it. With a reasonable amount of detail, I shared my life’s story on what it was like growing up with a physically abusive father and a mentally abusive/controlling/narcissistic mother. My path was already written out for me. I could have become the person that I was raised to be, but I chose to break the cycle.
What were your favorite posts? Is there one that wasn’t included that you loved?
We’re about to welcome a new year. A new year, a new you! Right!?! I’m writing down/setting all my goals for 2016 and would love some feedback from you guys!
What posts would you like to see more of or do you have any requests? Sound off in the comment section below.
Wishing everyone a very happy new year!