I am so excited to be posting my first recipe on the blog today, Greek quinoa salad!
This meal is so easy to make and very much inspired by those delicious Greek flavors. Now I know what you’re thinking. How can this be a Greek Salad without olives? To be honest, I just don’t like them. I know I know, I am just as horrified as you are, but I will keep trying them until I do (just not in my house). Like any other recipe, it is flexible. If you don’t like quinoa, make a salad instead. You can add grilled chicken or shrimp for more protein and use the dressing as a marinade. The possibilities are endless.
I add more lemon juice because I love the flavor it gives. If it is too much for you, only add 1/4 cup (1 lemon) instead.
It is so hard not to pick at the ingredients. The cucumbers always get eaten up before they make it to the bowl!
It’s so FLUFFY! If you’ve seen Despicable Me, you’ll know exactly what voice I’m saying it in.
There you have it! A wonderfully quick and delicious Greek quinoa salad with lemon dressing. The recipe is below and you can print it out. If you decide to make it and would like to see more easy meals, let me know in the comment section below. I’m excited to post more recipes in the future 🙂 Don’t forget to subscribe via email to get notifications about new posts straight to your inbox. When you do, make sure to confirm the subscription in your email account. I hope you all have a good weekend!
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained of pulp and seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 cups chick peas (1 can)
- 1 cup feta cheese diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- Measure and add all of your ingredients into a glass jar or re-sealable container.
- Now shake it up!
- Store the dressing in the fridge. Pull out 10-15 minutes prior, to warm up the solidified oil.
- Bring 2 cups of water or vegetable broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and add quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Stir veggies and feta cheese into cooled quinoa
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss
- If you don't have Mediterranean sea salt then just add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- I add more lemon juice but if it is too strong, use 1/4 cup (1 lemon) instead.
- Make changes to suits your tastes.
- You can make the dressing and prep veggies the night before.